Solar Victoria is working with the Plumbing Industry Climate Action Centre and Master Plumbers and Mechanical Services Association of Australia on a training pilot. The training will equip qualified and registered plumbers and fourth-year plumbing apprentices in Victoria with the specific skills needed to design and install heat pumps and solar hot water systems.
PICAC will initially run pilot training for a limited number of students until October 2022, before training is made available through to the end of 2023.
What will the training cover?
The training content will be refined and customised for the solar industry by the Plumbing Industry Climate Action Centre through the initial pilot. Following this, students who enrol in the training can expect to cover the following:
- Two nationally recognised Victorian units of competency found in the course 22292VIC – Course in Environmentally Sustainable Plumbing Technology:
- VU21716 – Provide advice on energy efficient plumbing measures.
- VU21723 – Install solar heated water systems.
- A non-accredited unit specifically dedicated to the design and installation of heat pump systems. This unit will be industry validated to ensure it complies with industry standards and benchmarks.
Who can do the training?
The Upskilling for plumbers training will be eligible to:
- registered and licensed plumbers in Victoria
- fourth-year plumbing apprentices in Victoria.
You do not need to be working in Solar Victoria's programs to do this training free of charge.
When and how will it be delivered?
This training will be delivered in a blended format of face-to-face and online learning by the Plumbing Industry Climate Action Centre and Master Plumbers and Mechanical Services Association of Australia across metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria.
How much does it cost?
This training will be fully subsidised and offered free of charge.
How to enrol
Details on how to enrol in the training will be available following an evaluation of the pilot. Please revisit this page as we will be updating these details. You can also contact the Plumbing Industry Climate Action Centre directly via the details below or email email@example.com
Please contact the Plumbing Industry Climate Action Centre on 1300 222 727 with any questions about this training.
For general enquiries about Solar Victoria's training and workforce development package, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Customer Service team during business hours 8:00am – 6:00pm Monday – Friday (except public holidays) on 1300 376 393.