CPCSUS5003A - Manage energy efficient building methods and strategies
Become an accredited Energy Smart Builder! Zero-energy and carbon positive buildings are fastest growing sector of the building and construction industry. It's no longer business as usual. Builders who understand building science and understand how to build highly energy efficient buildings are in high demand! Upskill yourself and become a leader in your industry.
This course is for builders, and site supervisors of medium-rise and commercial buildings, and for residential builders who already have some experience in high performing buildings
This unit of competency specifies the outcomes required to ensure that energy efficient building methods and strategies are supported by employees and contractors working on a new or existing residential or commercial building designed to satisfy energy efficiency ratings and requirements.
The unit provides the skills required to ensure that work undertaken to construct an energy efficient building or to retrofit an existing building for improved energy efficiency is performed as designed and reflects energy efficient specifications.
The unit covers developing a culture of energy efficient work practices.
This unit of competency supports builders and site managers overseeing the construction or retro fit of buildings designed to meet energy efficient ratings or improve the energy efficiency characteristics of a building.
- Planning and preparing to construct an energy efficient building.
- Communicating and monitoring energy efficiency awareness among tradespeople.
- Evaluating and communicating energy efficiency outcomes.
- approaches to waste management consistent with principles of energy efficiency, including processes for minimising and reusing materials
- benchmarks to meet standards and rating systems (such as star rating) for energy efficiency
- compliance requirements relating to construction materials and methods, including:
- Australian standards
- energy efficiency and sustainability requirements in different jurisdictions
- National Construction Code deemed-to-satisfy requirements
- impacts of different climate zones and environmental conditions on the built environment
- performance characteristics and benefits of energy efficiency policies, practices, products and services
- processes for constructing different building types
- processes for evaluating energy efficiencies in buildings
- theories and principles of energy efficiency applied to buildings and construction processes
- types, uses and limitations of different construction materials
- use and limitations of new and advanced construction materials that improve the energy efficiency of buildings
20 hours on-line and on-site
Australia-wide. Students must have access to internet and lap-top/PC with a web-cam Enrolments accepted 24/7
This unit of competency counts towards Advanced Diploma of Building and Construction (Management) and Diploma of Building and Construction. Statement of Attainment issued by Foundation Training Australia RTO ID: 31972. Residential and commercial builders who successfully complete this unit will be offered a free listing on the Green Building Institute directory